ARCHIVOS is proud to announce the latest feature to help storytellers craft and share stories: the Media Gallery. Paid subscribers can now attach an unlimited number of media elements to their Story Elements, expanding the content that can be associated with the people, places, and events of their story world.
“Originally, our storytellers were limited to a single image to attach to a story element,” says Dave Robison, creator of ARCHIVOS. “While that served the purpose of providing a visual reference for the element, it’s a little restrictive. Storytellers build a LOT of material related to their key story elements and we wanted to allow our subscribers to link all that content in one place.”
ARCHIVOS Subscribers at the Personal or Professional level can now attach an unlimited number of media files to their story elements, including images (JPG, PNG, or GIF), Text (PDF or TXT), and audio files (MP3). In addition, subscribers can link to video or audio files stored on the internet for playback in the ARCHIVOS displays.
how does this benefit storytellers?
- Writers can embed source material for their stories directly into the relevant elements, ensuring a comprehensive repository of reference content.
- Gamers can attach character sheets or other documentation to story elements, as well as enhancing visual impact with multiple image references.
- Podcasters – who can use the ARCHVIOS display modes to illuminate the network of association of their episodes – can now either embed their audio files directly on the ARCHIVOS servers or use their own file storage/delivery systems (like Libsyn) and link their episode files for direct playback through ARCHIVOS.
- Educators can attach supplemental materials, documented assignments, and supporting audio/video content to curriculum elements.
- Wiki and Fan Site enthusiasts can link or embed a wealth of collateral content on the web to their own unique vision of the stories they document.
The Media Gallery is just the latest expansion of the ARCHIVOS feature list, empowering storytellers by allowing them to SEE their stories the way they THINK about their stories.
“The development team is already hard at work on the next set of features,” says Robison. “The ARCHIVOS framework has enormous potential to inspire and invigorate the storyteller’s craft. Our development roadmap extends well into 2021 and beyond.”
The Media Gallery requires subscribers to join at the Personal Subscription level ($6 a month) or the Professional level ($8 month).